Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Poetry Presentation Countdown

There's a little less than a month left until my 75-minute presentation at the Michigan Reading Association's annual conference. My objective: share with other teachers the ways I teach children to read and write poetry. I want people that come to my session to leave with poems, ideas, and inspiration to use more poetry in their classrooms. That and getting more people to subscribe to this lovely blog!

There's only one problem...I've been assigned probably the worst possible time in the history of conferences...or maybe in the history of time itself. 8:00 a.m. On Sunday morning. And this particular Sunday happens to fall on the first day of Daylight Savings Time. So it will feel like 7:00 a.m. I may be speaking to an empty room. Oh well.

I'll be sharing my handouts and notes here on the blog, so stay tuned. Or, better yet, if you happen to be in Grand Rapids on March 13...and you're a morning person...stop by the Amway Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment